Full Suspension MTB Overhaul
Front Suspension MTB Overhaul
Road/ Rigid MTB Overhaul
Every all-inclusive bicycle overhaul begins in the same manner:
- The bicycle is completely stripped down to the bare frame. Every nut, bolt, cable, component and accessory is removed, cleaned, and inspected. The drivetrain receives the same overhaul offered in the deluxe tune.
- All wheel bearings, bottom bracket bearings, headset bearings, and derailleur pulley bearings that can be serviced, are disassembled, cleaned, lubed, and reassembled. Any bearings that are worn willbe replaced. The wheels will also be re-tensioned.
- At this point, the road/rigid MTB bike is completely reassembled and tuned to the same stringent standards encompassed in the major tune. In all but the most exceptional cases, the cables and housing are replaced (parts not included in the price)
- The suspension mountain bike however, continues to receive additional love.
- The suspension fork, and rear shock (if applicable) are both disassembled, cleaned, inspected, and overhauled, using new seals and fresh fluid. In some cases, factory or third-party service is required for proper maintenance and service work. Some of those cases will generate additional charges. We should be able to tell you beforehand whether your suspension components will fall into this category.
- If applicable, all components of the rear suspension will be disassembled, cleaned and inspected. Bearings and/or bushings will be inspected, overhauled/replaced as necessary. There are a few remote cases where proprietary tools and unbelievable difficulty are required in servicing the rear suspension components of certain bikes. Those particular instances can involve additional charges as well. Once again, we will know in advance if your bike falls into this category.
- Should it be necessary, the labor for full brake bleed(s) and caliper piston massages are included in the price.
- At this point, the suspension mountain bike is completely reassembled and tuned to the same stringent standards encompassed in the major tune. In all but the most exceptional cases, the cables and housing are replaced (parts not included in the price)